June 24, 2011

Home

No, I will not apologize. Yes, I know its been a while, but it seems lik all my favourite bloggers have been taking a break, so I'm just following the trend. No excuses, just peer pressure. I'll get better.
 

One of the great things about the way I grew up is that I always got to travel, and this summer I spent a month 'at home', this time home means Korea and China, and I having been gifted with an old DSLR for my birthday, I am sharing some of my pictures!








Going home always brings up questions of where you belong, and where you're comfortable. We are born with a desire to leave the familiar, to leave home but when you do, we miss it. When I live in a place, even for a matter of months, it becomes part of my 'home,' as much for the people and memories it contains as the physical place itself. Because without memories, what makes a location a place?
I love going home for a feeling perfectly explained by the wonderful Nelson Mandela,







  

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment