May 31, 2010

Timbits!

One thing I miss about the Great White North is Tim Hortons. If you don't know what that is, not only are you extremely deprived, but I also seriously pity you. Tim Hortons is Canada's answer to the USA's Dunkin' Doughnuts and Krispy Creme, and boy does it ever destroy them. Neither American franchise has made a dent in the Canadian coffee and doughnut market because they just can't match Timmy's. Anyways, they have these little doughnuts called 'Tim-Bits' that come in assorted flavours for your snacking pleasure. So, in honor of my imminent enjoyment of said culinary establishment, I give you 'TIM-BIT!' your little random fact, quote, word, or tale.

Every once in a while my friend sends me an interesting word from a dictionary which we then proceed to destroy and redefine. Thus, I give you a wacky word from time to time and fix it up myself.

The word of the day?
Defalcation: the act or an instance of embezzling or a failure to meet a promise or an expectation.
Personally, I see 'defalcation' and think of a process by which falcons are removed, or, unfortunatly, 'defacation', whose definition we won't get into.  Interesting non sequitur, did you know that falcons are often employed at airports to keep smaller birds out of the engines?

Nats



No comments:

Post a Comment